Sunday, June 12, 2016

Perennial Problem



Recognize it? I photograph it from time to time just to refresh my memory. The woods here are full of it.

Now here's something I didn't know about Toxicodendron radicans:

"It is more common now than when Europeans first arrived in North America. The development of real estate adjacent to wild, undeveloped land has engendered 'edge effects', enabling poison ivy to form vast, lush colonies in these areas. It is listed as a noxious weed in the US states of Minnesota and Michigan and in the Canadian province of Ontario." ~ Wikipedia


10 comments:

  1. leaves of three, leave it be

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as it stays in the woods..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belas e verdejantes fotos.
    Um abraço e bom Domingo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup, see it here too often, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have thought of Texas as being too dry, but maybe that's farther west.

      Delete
  5. Fortunately I've never had close contact with the stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.