Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Humidity


I don't know whether you can tell or not, but this photo was taken through a lens that was about to be completely clouded over with condensation as a result of yesterday's unusually high dew point. I captured the image at 5:53 a.m. when the outside temperature was already 85F (29C) and the humidity was 82%. Unfortunately, my camera had spent the night where it was dry and relatively cool, so when I pulled it out of its bag to snap this pic, the result was--well, let's just say--predictable.

Still, I was able to finally photograph these young people training. I've seen them out on the Potomac River most mornings now.

15 comments:

  1. That must have been a very early workout then. And then such a high temperature already. Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... that is a lot of humidity and heat. Just think how the young ladies in the boat must feel working out. The must be be soaking wet with sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remar em águas calmas.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
  4. It worked out very well despite the humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rather like the hazy look. Seems more authentic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wee, that is hot and humid - how was the temp around lunch-time then, I wonder...
    Hope the cam is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can feel the humidity in your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can feel the heat here RR, sounds very much like one of our summer mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness that is hot - especially at that time in the morning...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. It certainly has the look of humid conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an early morning wake up! Our days are much the same.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, we have plenty of rain this week....
    Before I read the text I thought this was early evening, with a great evening light:)
    I like this. Looks like a happy moment for these sporty young people.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.