Wednesday, July 6, 2016

What Do You Think?



Totally out of focus, of course, but there's a story behind this pic that still makes it worth sharing. The story is that I was in the process of photographing the turtle below when I noticed something stir in the water to my right and just outside the picture frame. When I turned to look, I had only enough time to see the patterns formed by the snake's scales and to snap this pic.

Uh, oh! (Okay, so maybe another expletive came to mind.) In any case, I first thought it might have been a Copperhead. There are some around. But later, after I had time to think about where I spotted it, a Northern Watersnake seemed more likely. 

Ah, but who was willing to take a chance, right?


10 comments:

  1. Lot of animals lately. Nice to you have still so much around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duas belas fotografias.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the turtle pic. yeah, we get plenty of copperheads and water moccasins here. then there's the non-venomous diamondback water snake so never know which one is swimming near.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the turtle much better....MUCH better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The turtle looks quite dignified. We do have venomous snakes here, rattlers, but they're in limited areas, and a good deal far from here in the province.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd rather play with the turtle! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The turtle is much better....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.