Monday, August 1, 2016

Natural Forms


One of the things I'm always looking for as a photographer are natural forms. For me they are like pirate's treasure. I mean, just look at this leaf. What a marvel! I'm amazed by the uniformly serrated edges, the patterns created by the veins, the color--everything! Yet the plant producing it is as common along the edge of the C&O Canal as grass is on a golf course! I was particularly conscious of these forms this past Saturday. What I noticed was how quickly the seasons are changing. Just a week ago we seemed to be still in early summer. But as I'll try to so show over the next couple of days, now we seem to have suddenly shifted toward late summer. 

10 comments:

  1. Details in details in details. Very crisp and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fresh, perfect. yes, we're in the hot/dry/cracking season of august in texas. blech...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection, I agree. But time runs way too fast...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful ...
    Lovely to look at, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.