Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Liveries



Two planes about to take off from National. I rather like Southwest Airlines' Canyon Blue livery (above) the best, although I do like the colors on Delta's Upward & Onward tail feathers (below).

"Delta's current livery is called 'Upward & Onward'. It features a white fuselage with the company's name in blue lettering, and a widget on the vertical stabilizer. Delta introduced its current livery in 2007 as part of a re-branding after it emerged from bankruptcy. The new livery consists of four colors, while the old one (called 'colors in motion') used eight. This meant the switch saved the airline money by removing one day from each aircraft's painting cycle. The airline took four years to repaint all of its aircraft into the current scheme, including aircraft inherited from Northwest Airlines." ~ Wikipedia


12 comments:

  1. I just heard that this week for the first time is spoken about the air pollution and CO2 problems made by aircraft over the world as now it is worse every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belas fotografias.
    Um abraço e continuação de boa semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never seriously watched the colours of an aeroplane, I only see them high up in the air above my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are having a vote I pick Southwest Airlines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are aeroplanes RR.. you know how I feel about flying..it doesn't matter how
    pretty the plane is ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love QANTAS with the roo, so sad they don´t fly Germany anymore (see movie Rainman, QANTAS never had a serious issue. I go with Grace here, brrr, flying!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. i do like the colors of southwest :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Southwest hands down for their colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look good don't they, especially the Southwest one.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. The brighter colors in the SW plane are definitely appealing. But both have their merits!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.