Saturday, September 24, 2016

Lumens



The change of seasons has meant more time spent riding in the dark. So I've recently boosted my lumens. I'm undecided about which settings to use. I hate the flashing mode. Seeing these come at me on the trail just makes me crazy. On the other hand, I also can see how a single steady beam could simply blend into all the other lights people see out there on the roads, especially on our busy city streets. 

What's your take? Do you better notice flashing lights or steady beams? 


11 comments:

  1. Nice... I like how you used the light in you photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Light up to be seen. I don't like riding in the winter especially on narrow roads. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, days are rapidly getting shorter now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just steady lights. I see that the bikes here and by you look exactly the same as does the lightning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being both, car-driver and cyclist, I definitively prefer flashing mode. It´s just safer, easier to spot for car-drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'd notice the flashing lights more Tom, would stand out more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boa tarde, duas belas fotos da bicicleta em contraluz de ângulos diferentes.
    bom fim de semana,
    AG

    ReplyDelete
  8. A steady beam. As a walker, when I see that flashing light of a bike, I find it irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I notice the flashing light more but do find them irritating. Better to be seen even if you are irritating people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not runin bike from small and when it did , pedaled with daylight.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.