Sunday, October 9, 2016

Condos


I've cycled by this high rise several times now. And, yes, I've seriously considered living in a condo many times and each time decided against it. Here's a list of things I've thought about.

Condo association rules: I don't mind rules, but there are rules and there are rules. Sometimes how HOAs (homeowner associations) apply their rules strike me as teetering on the totalitarian.

The condo community: I do like community, but--uhm--maybe not so much.

The high-rise lifestyle: I REALLY like the outdoors.

Yards and landscaping: Too much outdoors. This is the one really good reason I could think of to choose the condominium lifestyle. :-)

9 comments:

  1. You have given it really a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have friends who live in condos and are constantly fighting their HOA over little stuff. Not fun IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd never survive condo living. i made it a year in a downstairs apartment once. yuck. and i love mowing lawn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckily there aren´t such rules here, other than you have to announce a party and keep noise down after 10pm otherwise.
    But.... we lived under the neighbours out of hell for several years and if it was an apartment we would´ve moved.
    A condo, well. Never again. Luckily now we have quiet neighbours. For now... it´s an apartment above.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit RR the thought is tempting at times, my garden is huge and it's an ongoing project. Sometimes I think it would be nice to sit and read the paper more often 😊 but then again it's my own space and it keeps me fit 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. And the monthly HOA fees can be out of control - at least out of your control!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading between the lines I think you know what to do..

    ReplyDelete
  8. The idea of HOA rules and condo fees would probably be the deal breaker for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.