Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Esther Haynes



Overhear any conversation in the United States right now and it won't be long until you'll hear someone saying something about the election. Yeah, it's over, at least in some people's minds. But it's not over insofar as there are still recounts going on and, of course, until our famous (or infamous, depending upon your point-of-view) Electoral College meets.

Still, life goes on, and America thankfully isn't all, or even mostly, about politics. So I headed down to the Smithsonian American Art Museum to see the special Gene Davis exhibit. I'll have more to share about that shortly. But while waiting outside for the museum to open, I took in some of the Holiday Market going on right now, including the vintage jazz and blues music of Esther Haynes (above).

12 comments:

  1. I am baffled by the American election system. Hillary Clinton received more than 2.5 million more votes than Donald Trump and she's a loser?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Well, that makes two of us, Andy. I mean, I totally get why our Founding Fathers were so concerned about more equally distributing the vote across America's amazingly diverse demographic lines. But as a German friend of mine very recently observed, it does tend to make a mockery of the idea that every vote counts.

      Thanks, Andy, for your comments. I enjoy them very much. :-)

      Delete
  2. ...somehow life seems to keep rolling along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting posting. I have never heard about the singer, but I have now clicked on to the link and listened to some of it. I liked "Blue Moon" the most.

    The American election ..... yes, we have followed and discussed it over here too.
    Strange result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The times they are a changin. The Holiday Market seems like a fun place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun and a nice change from the depressing world of politics these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always to listen music, produce good effects and excellent sensations. In those moments they park all the problems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I share the feeling, RedPat. But I also believe the stakes are much too high to leave them to the professionals. I've come to the conclusion that my only recourse is to become even more engaged.

      Delete
  8. I do miss being able to go to the Smithsonians whenever....Nice shot here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.