Saturday, December 31, 2016

New York-Paris No. 2



Stuart Davis, New York-Paris No. 2, 1931, oil on canvas at the National Gallery of Art in D.C.

Are there two cities in the world more closely associated with New Year's Eve than New York and Paris? That's why I thought this painting by Davis would be particularly appropriate to share today. Got anything exciting planned to celebrate the new year? I confess, I usually like to turn in early so I can start the new year fresh and rested. But I'm pretty sure I'll get one more bike ride in during 2016 and maybe catch a concert or two on TV before turning in. Whatever you do this evening, please be safe and I'll see you again here online next year. :-)


9 comments:

  1. Have a nice evening and a fresh start of the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great work of art. Have a nice New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy to find common artists at your artworks and here I think instantly on Saul Steinberg or Jean Jaques Sempé. A bit a quiz and hope to continue it in 2017. Till next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good choice for the occasion. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like his work! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's some nice artistic work. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually turn in early as well. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.