Monday, January 9, 2017

Cacao



I really think the USBG ought to display this plant next to a bar of Hershey chocolate for effect. Better yet, the USBG ought to sell Hershey chocolate bars to help raise money for its many projects. I bet they would make a million--dollars that is. Probably melt then, wouldn't they. So maybe sell them in the gift shop. Ah, but there is no gift shop:

"There is no gift shop at the U.S. Botanic Garden. Nearby gift shops are located at the Capitol Visitor Center, the Library of Congress and the Supreme Court. Please read more about them at Visiting Capitol Hill and to learn more about other places of interest across Capitol Hill." ~ USBG

"Theobroma cacao is the taxonomic classification for the plant also called the cacao tree and the cocoa tree, which is a small (4–8 m (13–26 ft) tall) evergreen tree in the family Malvaceae, native to the deep tropical regions of Central and South America. Its seeds, cocoa beans, are used to make cocoa mass, cocoa powder, confectionery, ganache and chocolate." ~ Wikipedia



13 comments:

  1. And one of the biggest cacao harbour of the world is in Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We learned all about cacao and chocolate at the chocolate museum in Bruges. It was interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...you need to be the marketing director!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing this, a nice close up !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't recall the last time I've seen a cocoa tree, in photos or video. Certainly never in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently saw Jamie Oliver doing a feature on chocolate starting right from the bean to finished chocolate. It was really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know his wonderful plant, but yes his product, which is quite appetizing

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful composed photo. I never saw a cacao plant before, thanks for showing one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK now I'm going to have to go eat some chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried to learn about chocolate in Cologne but the museum each time was closed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice looking plant. I love chocolate, but now I can't eat it because my healthy... :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the dark chocolate 70% plus ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.