Thursday, January 26, 2017

Low Boil



Concerned that I might offend some of my readers, I'm reluctant to share all I saw and heard at last Saturday's rally. Underneath those ladies' often smiling faces, lies a barely contained rage at the way this President treats women. I don't blame them; no, not at all. I've had difficulty lately even keeping my own anger in check. Still, I think it's important to share with the world the truth (now there's a concept!) about the way many women feel here in the United States.




They're outraged not only by the President and his actions but also by a political system that often only pretends to seek liberty and justice for all even when in reality it's oppressing many of its own citizens. They're anger ain't always pretty, but it's real and--I think anyway--needs to be both seen and heard, not suppressed.


12 comments:

  1. You don't offend me in the least, it is good to be able to protest in peace and not fired as in many countries is the rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's good of you to show these photos. Let the world know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a huge crowd all protesting peacefully together about so many injustices. I'm with them in spirit if not in body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It´s the very right thing to do, to gather in masses and protest peacefully. I hope they keep going for a very long time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're showing the world the truth and there's nothing wrong with that. Great images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What there is in the street, is what shows your photos.

    Women express their disagreement, democratically and peacefully. They just pretend to be heard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The anger is more than justified. That "man" disgusts me. And it's not a matter of right or left, liberal or conservative. It's right or wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope something comes from all this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree and am not offended by anyone but that horrible man in the White House and his cronies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.