Thursday, January 12, 2017

Red Panel


Steven Young Lee, Red Panel, 2013, porcelain, cobalt inlay, glass and aluminum at the Renwick Gallery

Actually, the Red and Blue panels form one composition, although at the Renwick they are displayed at opposite ends of the same wall and I've even seen online where these panels have been accompanied by another panel of white cups in at least one other exhibition. Not sure if there's some subtle political point being made. But, in any case, the cups are as interesting when seen individually as when they're are seen together. Could that be the message, I wonder?

12 comments:

  1. Fantástica esta colecção de copos em porcelana.
    Um abraço e continuação de boa semana.
    Andarilhar | Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa | Livros-Autografados

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the blue ones, they look softer and reminds me at Delft Blue porcelain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...alway seek the hidden political message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the patterns in the porcelain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I like the blue better - more controlled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the blue ones better, too, more structured, to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They make a great view all together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely - but I preferred the blue ones in your last post.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.