Saturday, February 11, 2017

Cacao



I'm feeling the need to take a short break from politics and to return to the U. S. Botanic Garden even though I shot some pictures of the march against Trump's immigration ban just two weeks after the inauguration. I'll maybe get to those in a few days. But for now, some of you may remember that I had paid a return visit to the Garden after the holidays were over. 




What I didn't get a chance to share with you before the Women's March was this wonderful moment when a staff member at the Garden introduced this young girl to the cacao tree and how chocolate is made.


14 comments:

  1. Nice shots and not many people have seen where the chocolate is coming from. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures, the world is full of miracles for a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure she will keep to remember this as well.
    Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely moment captured here RR.. the magic of chocolate ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, her nose is all red - from the cold or excitement over chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just hope it wasn't the result of a chocolate allergy. :-)

      Delete
  6. ...wonder in the eye of a child.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photo! That is a very special moment for her, hope she remembers it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen a cacao bean either. I have to admit, that chocolate is one of my favourite tastes.... especially dark chocolate. Milk chocolate is OK but I prefer dark. I love that young lady's hat. It's a match to my b&w stripey gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure that was an interesting moment. I'd like to learn exactly how chocolate is made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is lovely, such a sweet picture.
    I can remember you wrote about this is one of your comments on the low carb diabetic blog.
    Cacao is great, we like the 85% dark chocolate...
    A square with a cup of coffee is delicious!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.