Thursday, February 16, 2017

Executive Order



Are you ready for a brief break from all the lovely art works at the National Gallery? No? Well, I can't say I blame you. I find solace these days in the art galleries around the Capitol city. All the same, I feel it my duty to share these photos of the demonstration that erupted next to the White House shortly after the President's executive order was issued banning persons from seven countries from entering the United States. Having read that a protest was in progress, I naturally jumped on my bike (faster than public transit!) and was there within half an hour. I would have been there faster had I not run into a couple of road blocks set up by the United States Secret Service to protect those inside the White House.

By now, I'm sure you've read that the ban has been temporarily rolled back and that there have been other more limited court actions that have stymied the President's plans. You need to know that opposition to the order has been both vigorous and tireless. More protests are planned as in the forth coming Tax March, the March for Science AND the Climate March. I plan to cover as many of them as I can while at the same time making a living. :-)


8 comments:

  1. Things go from worse to worse in your gouverment, a lotto to protest against.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a day without bad news from him here. And that's plural, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Combover simply doesn't get it. This is not going to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...come on America, were better than this! I would hope so....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not going to go away! Good. I like that sign "come on America, we're better than this".

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the world coming to? I will be interested to see your coverage of these events.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your back to it RR.. the Tax March should be good, so wrong if he thinks no one is interested, I think the whole world is interested!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.