Sunday, March 12, 2017

Piano Mécanique


"Mitchell was a leading figure in the group of artists known as the second generation of abstract expressionists. In this painting, the bold, animated lines against a white ground capture Mitchell’s spontaneous and impulsive painting method. She often drew upon childhood memories of Lake Michigan when composing paintings, some of which she called “expressionist landscapes.” Because they are totally abstract, the viewer is invited to connect to her works on an emotional level." ~ National Gallery of Art

7 comments:

  1. ...looks like a piano explosion to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now some abstracts I like ... I'm still not too sure about this one ... however, in the right setting I'm sure it would be well received.

    Happy Sunday

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Father made me learn the piano - I was always too fast. Finally he bought a metronome - and that´s how I played like afterwards, it just looks like that!
    I was allowed to give up, btw ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!. Very good job .. greetings. Happy week..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have it in a flash if I had the cash 😀😀

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.