Wednesday, March 22, 2017

The Walking Man



"L’Homme qui marche I (The Walking Man I or The Striding Man I, lit. The Man who Walks I) is the name of any one of the cast bronze sculptures that comprise six numbered editions plus four artist proofs created by Swiss sculptor Alberto Giacometti in 1961. On 3 February 2010, the second edition of the cast of the sculpture became one of the most expensive works of art ever sold at auction, and which is sold for about $104.3 million the most expensive sculpture, until May 2015, when another Giacometti work, L'Homme au doigt, surpassed it." ~ Wikipedia

14 comments:

  1. You know immediately who has made this art, very recognizable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh that's a lot of money RR. I wonder if it was a private buyer or a corporation. I do like Walking Man very much, so like the style of one of our sculptors here. Just been back to look at missed posts, being a lover of art you can imagine how much I enjoyed the looking ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! But a lot of money though..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camina erguido ante la mirada de los visitantes, que vienen a apreciar la obra de arte

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful! Nice shot, RR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this a lot but I can't afford it if it goes on the market again :) Very impressive, I just interlibrary loaned a dvd about him. Looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing this great piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that´s a whole lotta money! Sometimes I really do wonder about relations...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful shot. There are many types of bodies. One is so very lean )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice work. I think we have some here in Berlin (or at least something similar).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.