Wednesday, June 14, 2017

M18


It had been many years since I last set foot in Ireland and even then for only a brief stopover in Shannon before flying on to Great Britain. So I was very pleased this time to be able to explore the island a little, beginning with a quick trip up the M18 from Shannon to Galway and the little bayside suburb known as Salthill.

"The M18 motorway (Irish: Mótarbhealach M18) is an inter-urban motorway in Ireland, forming part of the Limerick, Ennis to Galway national primary road, which, in turn, forms part of the Atlantic Corridor called for as part of the Transport 21 project" (Wikipedia).

BTW, yesterday was a great day for Democrats in Virginia. Northam won the primary, but pledged to work with his rival, Perriello, to unite the party for next year's election.

13 comments:

  1. Languages interest me a lot. Nice to see also the Irish words on the signs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both have a post with translations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without translation, you do not understand anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salthill is a favourite place to go for a weekend break in our family! Glad you enjoyed a quick visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to go there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's in my dream vacations yet to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool looking signs. I haven't seen any like these, the places I've been have black and white signs and they are wider. Glad you had time to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been to Ireland, N or S, but I hope to one day. So I'll visit through your photos for now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never been to Ireland, good to see the different signs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! All comments are read and I will try to respond to all blog-related queries.